Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Moisture. Moderate temperatures. A food source. Oxygen.
That's all mold needs to begin growing inside your home or business.
When a building suffers water damage, mold can quickly grow and spread within 48 to 72 hours. In Middle Georgia, we also regularly experience the weather and humidity needed to produce mold (or microbial growth, as we like to call it). When considering whether you have mold in your home, you'll want the seasoned professionals at SERVPRO of Macon to help identify any possible mold growth and create a plan of action to remediate the problem. Mold can produce allergens and irritants that can cause a range of problems, so don't delay in calling us if you suspect you have mold.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mold damage tips.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (478) 474-6700
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Macon?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (478) 474-6700
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Macon is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: